With many more businesses due to reopen next week and the country slowly starting to return to ‘normal’, we ask what the new ‘normal’ will look like and what companies should think about when reviewing their cleaning regime.
A quick hoover and wipe down at the end of the day should no longer be considered to be satisfactory, here is the type of cleaning specification that should be in place:-
- Deep cleaning carried out prior to opening and on a regular basis
- Increased frequency of cleaning touchpoints e.g. door handles, light switches, utensils, appliances, handrails, office furniture, IT equipment etc. throughout the day
- Steam cleaning of washrooms on a daily basis
- Anti-viral fogging of entire space on a monthly basis.
- Virucidal cleaning agents to be used for all surfaces.
- Encourage a clear desk policy and no hot desking.
- Limit equipment use e.g. photocopier to fewer people where possible and provide anti-bacterial wipes near to shared equipment
- Improve handwashing signage and provide hand sanitisation stations
- Make cleaning agents accessible to staff and encourage self-cleaning of work space.
It’s time to take cleaning and hygiene more seriously and shine the spotlight on your cleaning regime.