Recruiting and retaining people has long been a challenge for both the hospitality and commercial cleaning sectors and as a professional cleaning company that has been providing cleaning services to the hospitality sector for over 25 years, USS experience these challenges too.
Both sectors face a number of misconceptions, such as low pay, unsociable hours and lack of career progression however we are keen to change this perception and that is why we are delighted to announce that we have signed up to a voluntary ‘Hospitality Commitment’ led by People 1st International.
People 1st International are an employer led skills and quality assurance expert who are also part of Workforce Development Trust, a not for profit organisation cultivating ultimate workforces.
‘Our Hospitality Commitment’ is a code of conduct with the following points:-
- Training and development for all staff
- Work-life balance
- Job rotation
- Holidays approved or rejected in a timely manner
- Rotas and shift patterns issued in a timely manner
- Staff recognition
- Regular feedback
- Employee assistance support available
- Mental health, human trafficking and modern slavery awareness available to all
If you’d like to know more about working for us, contact the office on 02086694377.